2021 Organic Beauty Award Bronze Winner in the Ultra Rich Face Cream Category
A rich and velvety cream that includes plant oils and botanical extracts full of vitamins and essential fatty acids that assist in protecting and nourishing the skin barrier, reducing fine lines, rehydrating the skin and helping to reduce trans epidermal water loss.
Complemented with calming ingredients like oatmeal and calendula to calm the skin from irritation, protecting its structure and help reducing inflammation.
Why are antioxidants essential?
They have the ability to help protect the skin's surface from oxidative damage caused by free radicals and environmental aggressors like UV and pollution. Antioxidants help neutralise those free radicals protecting the skin from damage, helping to calm, brighten and smoothe the apperance of fine lines.
What is an essential fatty acid?
Fatty acids are essential for skin function. Essential fatty acids are those that the body cant synthesise on their own. These help the skin with protecting the skin barrier, acting as an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial.
The plant oils present our Antioxidant face cream are high in these essential fatty acids and help reduce trans epidermal water loss to keep it smooth and hydrated.
LINK TO OUR ECOBUY REVIEW HERE
Directions: take an amount about the size of your fingertip and massage gently into clean, slightly moist skin. Follow with facial oil.
Tip: Ensure cleansing Oil is thoroughly cleaned before applying moisturiser. The right ordering of skincare is important.
2. Toner or double cleanse
3. Vitamin C serum
4. Face cream
5. AM/PM: Facial oil
Winner of the 2021 Organic Beauty Green Award. Its Eco-Choice Award for Excellence in sustainability, for our superior range of Eco-products, including ingredients & packaging.
- Approved Australian Certified Toxic-Free, Made Safe, Allergy Certified & Cruelty-Free Certified.
- Skin type: sensitive and DRY skin or as a night cream for all skin types. Lighter Normal/combo version coming soon.
- Skin feel: rich. You only need a small amount, about the tip of your index finger
- Aroma: no added fragrance option. Natural oatmeal & Calendula scent. Or fragrance option is an aromatic blend of uplifting tangerine and mandarin and calming lavender essential oils
- Packaging: 50g (1.7oz) amber glass jar recyclable / aluminium lid recyclable.
- Aqua (water)
- Prunus armeniaca oil (Apricot oil)
- Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba oil)
- Citrullus Lanatus Seed Oil (Watermelon oil)
- Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rosehip Oil)
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter)
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera)
- Propanediol (PALM FREE humectant)
- Xanthan Gum (natural thickener derived from corn sugar)
- Glyceryl Stearate Citrate (emulsifier)
- Arachidyl Alcohol & Behenyl Alcohol & Arachidyl Glucoside (emulsifier made from rapeseed)
- Vitamin E tocopherol (anti-oxidant),*
- Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Gluconate, (nature identical, palm oil free preservative)
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea extract )
- Centella Asiatica Extract (Gotu Kola extract)
- Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber extract)
- Santalum Acuminatum Fruit Extract (Quandong extract)
- Ferulic Acid (Ferulic Acid)
- Avena Sativa Kernel Meal (Oatmeal Colloidal)*
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract
- Organic Beeswax*
- Citrus reticulata var. 'tangerine' (Tangerine essential oil)
- Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender essential oil).
- Sodium Phytate (Natural chelating agent)
*ALLERGY WARNING: contains non-vegan propolis, soya derivative
Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) has a long history in traditional healing in India. When applied externally, Gotu Kola is said to relieve burns, sores and skin problems. Containing asiatic acid, asiaticoside and madecassic acid which stimulates collagen synthesis, Gotu Kola is a key element in skin repair.
Green Tea is a rich source of anti oxidants, such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Green tea extract is said to help repair the effects of aging and environmental factors. The active constituents in green tea are the Catechin - Polyphenols. Green tea catechins are potent antioxidants.
Cucumber extract contains a range of useful actives including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, phytosterols, phenolic acids, fatty acids, and cucurbitacins. The Cucurbitacins in skincare function as steroids with anti-inflammatory action.
Calendula is used in our body care for its soothing properties. It is also great for dry and damaged skin, Soothes rashes, Promotes skin tissue repair and Anti-inflammatory.
Oatmeal contains cationic proteins that stick to the skin improving its barrier function. The natural sugars swell due to their excellent ability to bind water and deliver it deep into the cells and the proteins help carry occlusive ingredients into the skin for long term moisturisation.
Quandong The Quandong has twice the Vitamin C content of orange as well as a whole range of polyphenol antioxidants that make this great for anti-ageing and skin brightening.
Ferulic acid is a powerful antioxidant with the capacity to help protect the skin from UV damage in a more powerful way that other antioxidants.
- 98% natural, 2% nature identical ( Preservative)
- Recyclable glass packaging
- Gentle, calming, caring
- Sustainable, eco conscious and palm oil free
*As we innovate, from time to time our ingredients may change. Please refer to our website for our latest ingredient list.
Best before: use within 6 months
45 day money back guarantee
We offer a 45 day money back guarantee. Please see here for your REFUND POLICY
Eco-Conscious container return scheme
We use biodegradable packing material, tape and recyclable shipping boxes.
Please ensure bottles and jars are recycled. Jars can also be returned to us for reuse as they can be thoroughly cleaned, santised and sterilised.
Tops, droppers, lids and pumps can be returned to us to be TERRACYCLED. We recommend sending when you have at least 10 to make it worthwhile. But of course, we will accept any amount. Please let us know when you've sent them so we can issue you with a store credit.
Gotu Kola : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3116297/
Green tea: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10926734/